We will only assist with implementation of our advice if specifically instructed and agreed in writing.
The terms under which we provide our services are dealt with in a separate letter of
If during the provision of professional services to you, you need advice on investments, we may have to refer you to someone who is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority, as we are not. However, as we are licensed by ACCA, we may be able to provide certain limited investment services where these are complementary to, or arise out of, the professional services we are providing to you. In the unlikely event that we cannot meet our liabilities to you, you may be able to claim compensation under our professional indemnity insurance in respect of exempt regulated activities undertaken.
As part of our ongoing commitment to providing a quality service, our files are periodically subject to an independent quality control review. Our reviewers are highly experienced and professional people and, of course, are bound by the same requirements for confidentiality as our principals and staff.
In this clause, the following definitions shall apply:
- ‘client personal data’ means any personal data provided to us by you, or on your behalf,
for the purpose of providing our services to you, pursuant to our engagement letter with
- ‘data protection legislation’ means all applicable privacy and data protection legislation and regulations including PECR, the GDPR and any applicable national laws, regulations and secondary legislation in the UK relating to the processing of personal data and the privacy of electronic communications, as amended, replaced or updated from time to time;
- ‘controller’, ‘data subject’, ‘personal data’, and ‘process’ shall have the meanings given to them in the data protection legislation;
- ‘GDPR’ means the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679); and
- ‘PECR’ means the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 (SI 2426/2003).
We shall each be considered an independent data controller in relation to the client personal data. Each of us will comply with all requirements and obligations applicable to us under the data protection legislation in respect of the client personal data.
You shall only disclose client personal data to us where:
- (i) you have provided the necessary information to the relevant data subjects regarding its use (and you may use or refer to our privacy notice available at https://www.asta-accountants.co.uk/disclaimer#cookies for this purpose);
- (ii) you have a lawful basis upon which to do so, which, in the absence of any other lawful basis, shall be with the relevant data subject’s consent